Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Feet in shoes

I have some more quotes from the Karamazov brothers, but I'll have to fill those in later, as well as my thoughts on those quotes.

On the way here, I realized in a more conscious way the fact that I don't like to see shoes that cover the tips of a woman's toe and don't cover the whole toe. The result is a series of small lines created by the seam between each toe. I'm not sure what's exactly irritating but I think it's something to do with the visual flow: a smooth shoe and a smooth foot and even a smooth line transitioning colored shoe to skin-colored foot all interrupted and crosscut by these small creases.
Edit: I added a visual aid. Let me add something else, in the example shown here we also have squish-outyness, which are also distasteful in their own way. Note: I stole the photo without permission. I have low morals in that regard--if I get caught I will only be sorry I got caught and not sorry I did it.

I was thinking a rather deep thought while entering my building this morning, and now I can't remember what it was. Oh yes.. I remember it had to do with my reading, about God and the devil, in the book. I was thinking about the erosion of my testimony (this is the term Mormons use for their faith in God) and I wondered whether and pretty much believed that it was possible that I might come full circle in my old age. Ah I remember now, I was thinking about my possibly racist comment yesterday to two black women that the 'abos' filled in for black people with the rap and the hopped up cars (I didn't say the graffiti and the hairdos). Immediately felt like moving on to another topic.. Anyway I was reviewing the incident in my mind this morning, and I thought about how cultured and proper I had learned to be in college and here I am reverting. It was at that point I wondered whether I would come full circle in time and become religious conservative again.

No comments: