Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Trolls Anonymous

Thinking about trolling, I wonder if there's a Troll's Anonymous out there somewhere. It'd be funny, you know, since trolls are inherently anonymous or even if they identify themselves (I try to) they're unknown persons to the blog they've just commented on.

I'll say I feel like a troll often, since I don't really have the time to be a truly social blogger. There are people's blogs I really enjoy reading, and I want to comment, but hesitate because I don't really know the difference between a random comment from someone and a troll's comment.

I think the first step in eliminating a problem is understanding the problem.

Later: I went to wikipedia, as many of us do to find information, and found this, which is more than I knew before. I guess being at odds with a 'community' or popping in and intentially being inflammatory would be the keys to being a troll...

My idea still stands for a Trolls Anonymous website. I wonder if there already is one? Checking...

Later: I found Kibo and his signature.

Even later: Trolls Anonymous on Dogpile. Nothing official that I could find..

Later still: Let's say for example the search trolls anonymous is not in quotes, well not it's not very specific, so follow on search, with quotes, yeilded this, a posting on a message board. It goes to show that someone somewhere thought of the same thing. Not surprising, not even annoying, but cool, actually. What's cool is the fact that the internet makes possible the connection between two similar ideas no matter who has it.

Last post script (maybe): You know how AA encourages its members to believe in "'something'-it-doesn't-have-to-be-called-God?" for TA it would be "'something'-it-doesn't-have-to-be-called-balance."

Ok my last PS I promise:
An example of me, posting to a blog just because I read it once in a while, and I felt the urge to be part of it.

No comments: