Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sneezing

I imagine there were at least 5 people who were eagerly reading my blog, back when I posted each week, and that before that there were 8 people who read when I was posting almost every day. Now that I'm down to a month between posts, I imagine those 5 people have moved on.

I was taking Metro to work today, and as I sat down I happened to see a bill in the seat next to the person in front of me with the return address 'Robert Williamson' and I couldn't help thinking what a horribly common name to have.

I sniffled quite a bit while the train made the next two stops, but it wasn't until I pulled out a hanky and blew my nose (not quietly I admit) Robert Williamson, we'll call him Bob Billyson jumped about 6 inches in his chair, glanced backwards in my direction, collected his things and moved 10 rows away. 10 rows forward. I couldn't help chuckle to myself, since the threat to him was the same, I think it was the noise which caused his auditory nerve pulled the trigger, setting in motion a small involuntary part of him, which tumbled into the voluntary part of him, encouraged by another involuntary part, that of annoyance and possibly fear of infection.

No comments: