Friday, June 01, 2007

Some little woman's hair

This post is another one about my little hair fetish.. This morning I got off the bus and walked to the metro station, and ahead of me, I think from the same bus, was a little head of hair, on a short woman, whom I assumed was Hispanic or Latina, whichever is correct, and it's a ripple of black hair going down her back and waving a little at the end, in rhythm with her steps.

I know the hair isn't rippling and waving at me; it doesn't intend to hold my attention, but all the way through the gates and up the escalator there is no other thought but to memorize the hair covering this woman's head and part of her shoulders and back.

Along the way I caught glimpses of a porcelain cheek and magnet dust eyelashes. Not Hispanic or Latina. Probably not even pretty.

The hair, from my point of view, hung, starting at the top of the head, parted from middle front to middle crown, and hanging in ripples, reaching for the curve of the back between buttocks and shoulder bow. The sides prevented from reaching, but hair along the spine slid further, and the overall effect was a (blurry) V shape.

I could have obsessed for hours. I already have.

No comments: