Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Swishy Pants

Today I saw an old man wearing a patterned shirt and a pair of swishy black pants. Upon seeing the swishy pants, I thought of dancing, I thought of the pants that some of my dancing friends or acquaintances had, and the way they flapped with energy.

I was then down hearted. I saw an advert looking for a dance instructor, volunteer, to teach swing or salsa (to novices), and I asked my wife if we should do it. She did not say yes. In her usual manner, she gave no answer. I felt a small anger and in anger I felt she had no ambitions. I softened some, and thought about her life, looking after two small children. I wondered if she would ever be free of them if she isn't free now.

I live in hope, but occasionally I find hope lies dormant and faithlessness or fear as well as anger and yanking to get out of the box I find myself in. I feel sometimes trapped, but I also feel that I can only emerge slowly and organically from this/these fetter/s.

No comments: