Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More on Hair

I've been procrastinating writing anything, mostly because I know there are more important things to be doing. On the other hand sometimes those more important things don't get done either because I'm avoiding and procrastinating. At occasional moments in the day I'll remind myself, 'what better way to procrastinate, than to procrastinate doing something you -also- need to be doing but is in theory easier.' I say in theory because there must be something difficult about writing in my blog, I don't just do it on a regular basis, I avoid, I wait, I forget, etc.

One thing I wanted to write last week was on one of the recurring topics here, that of hair. I saw a girl with a ponytail, and the hair itself would have been best described as 'ropy.' I don't know if ropy is a word, I'm sure it is by now, but it looked like.. not exactly rope, but maybe untwisted rope, so that there were wavy clumps hanging down together. I really liked the look, and realized that it wasn't the first time I'd seen it. I'd seen it before, but I think what brought it out to me was the pony tail PLUS the ropyness. Once I noticed it my mind then connected it to several other heads of hair I admired, and realized that I'd seen this ropy look, not just in ponytails, but in other styles as well, hanging down, partially pinned back, and definitely in conjunction with the forehead cap look.

No comments: