Friday, September 21, 2007

Dodge Caliber

Does anyone else notice how the Dodge Caliber looks rather 'military'? I know it's not propery Engrish to put the quote inside the '?' but when it's only one word and it's not part of the overall sentence I think it belongs the way I have it. The Caliber makes me wonder what other vehicles Americans have to choose from that also look rather jeep-like or tank-like.

I've noticed for a while now the strange phenomenon in which the sides of the cars seem to get taller in the side, the windows smaller, and only after thinking about the Caliber and militaristic design, I wonder if the effect isn't tank like overall. Case in point is the Dodge Charger/Magnum (another Dodge I know), Toyota Camry, Honda Civic, & Chevy Cobalt.

Compare these to an old BMW from the 60's. Very different approach to the automobile.

No comments: