Thursday, July 26, 2007

About Writing

Here's a great quote from my reading this morning on copyblogger:

You write to communicate to the hearts and minds of others what’s burning inside you. And we edit to let the fire show through the smoke. ~Arthur Polotnik

This is kindof a cool concept, it really makes sense to me especially because I used to be horribly stream-of-consciousness, and now since my job, which consists of writing nothing but businesslike emails, and seeing amazing standards of terseness, to the point of actually lacking necessary information, I continually edit for brevity and clarity.

How will my two modes actually coexist in my writing? This remains to be seen. Obviously.

My wife commented off hand that with the revelation that my brother in law writing a book, she wanting to write a book, and the common knowledge that I have a itch to write as well, --something about 'delusional' or 'silly' but now I can't think of the word, it was over the weekend. It was apt, sometimes she comes out with really cool stuff.

No comments: